When it comes to diabetes I have written a couple of important posts that actually does have great utility value.
And today I shall be writing another important post on diabetes that would try to group some of it’s facts together.
I hope you enjoy it.
1. About one third of all people with diabetes do not know they have the disease.
2. Type 2 diabetes often does not have any symptoms.
3. Only about five percent of all people with diabetes have type 1 diabetes.
4. If you are at risk, type 2 diabetes can be prevented with moderate weight loss (10–15 pounds) and 30 minutes of moderate physical activity (such as brisk walking) each day.
5. Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness in working-age adults.
6. People with diabetes are twice as likely to develop heart disease than someone without diabetes.
7. Bariatric surgery can reduce the symptoms of diabetes in obese people.
8. About 422 million people have diabetes worldwide.
9. In 2012 alone diabetes was the direct cause of 1.5 million deaths, making it the no.1 leading cause of death in the world.
10. There are two major types of diabetes that are common among diabetic sufferers: “type 1 and type 2 diabetes”.
11. The third type of diabetes is known as gestational diabetes, which women are susceptible to during pregnancy.
12. Diabetes is a critical cause of blindness, amputation and kidney failure.
13. Type 2 diabetes is the most common cause among the trio.
14. Deaths through diabetes is a lot of instances is as a result of poor management.
15. People with diabetes are at high risk for high blood pressure.
Ten Things You Might Not Know About Diabetes. Retrieved 30 Aug 2017 at http://www.joslin.org/info/10_Things_You_Might_Not_Know_About_Diabetes.html.
10 facts on diabetes. Retrieved 30 Aug 2017 at http://www.who.int/features/factfiles/diabetes/en/.