I think the numbers of men who don’t like belly fat are in the majority.
I don’t like it and so should you. And it is not just about how unattractive it looks but mainly because of the health issues that can arise from it.
Here in Nigeria, belly fat is a regular sight on our streets. You see men and women with their tailor made sizes. Boastful and ignorant of the implications.
The truth is there are health risks associated with belly fat and I think you need to know about them.
Health Risks Associated With Belly Fat.
- Cardiovascular disease
- Insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes
- Colorectal cancer
- Sleep apnea
- Premature death from any cause
- High blood pressure
- Pre-menopausal women with a large waist are more likely to develop breast cancer that is estrogen receptor (ER)-negative, according to a study in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.
- Metabolic syndrome
- High triglycerides
- Low levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) – the “good” type of cholesterol
- Alzheimer’s Disease (irrespective of overall body weight)
Belly fat in men: Why weight loss matters. Retrieved 31 Aug 2017 http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/mens-health/in-depth/belly-fat/art-20045685.
2. Belly Fat Health Risks. Retrieved 31 Aug 2017 at http://www.superskinnyme.com/belly-fat-health.html.