Tonight we shall be compiling some interesting oral hygiene facts and since learning is never a waste of time, I hope you learn something new.
1. People who tend to drink 3 or more glasses of soda daily have 62% more tooth decay, fillings and tooth loss than others.
2. The first toothbrush with bristles was manufactured in China in 1498.
4. You are supposed to replace your toothbrush after you have an episode of flu, cold or other viral infections.
5. Newborn babies do not have tooth decay bacteria .
6. Roughly 75% of school children worldwide have active dental cavities.
7. People who smoke are 2-7 times more likely to develop periodontal disease than non-smokers.
8. Your Mouth has More Bacteria than the Entire Human Population on Earth!
9. The enamel on the top surface on your tooth is the hardest part of your entire body.
10. Brushing only once a day means your 33% more likely to develop tooth decay.
7 Interesting Oral Hygiene Facts You Probably Didn’t Know. Retrieved 2 September 2017 at http://www.artistictouchdentistry.com/general-dentistry/7-interesting-oral-hygiene-facts-you-probably-didnt-know/.