Mouth odor is bad for you and the people around you that suffers in silence when you decide to speak.
So make sure you are brushing and flossing as regularly as possible so as to avoid health issues as well as unnecessary embarrassment.
We shall be talking about facts related to our mouth and I hope you learn something new.
2. It affects an estimated 25% of people, globally.
3. Poor oral hygiene is the cause of majority of mouth odors out there.
4. Keeping the mouth hydrated can reduce mouth odor.
5. Bad breath in children is often due to a trapped item in the nasal cavitycavity.
6. Rarer causes of bad breath include bowel obstruction, ketoacidosis and aspiration pneumonia.
7. There are a number of common causes of bad breath, including smoking, tooth decay and alcohol consumption.
8. If particles of food are left in the mouth, their breakdown by bacteria produces sulfur compounds that causes odor.
9. Crash diets can cause bad breath because of the build-up of ketones.
10. Halitosis is the third most common reason that people seek dental care (after tooth decay and gum disease).