What is Zika Rash or Zika Virus?
In other words the zika rash is a product of the zika virus itself, more directly, one of its symptoms.
According to Wikipedia
Zika virus ( ZIKV ) is a member of the virus family Flaviviridae . It is spread by daytime-active Aedes mosquitoes, such as A. aegypti and A. albopictus. Its name comes from the Zika Forest of Uganda, where the virus was first isolated in 1947. Zika virus is related to the dengue , yellow fever , Japanese encephalitis , and West Nile viruses.
Symptoms of Zika virus include:
- Joint pain
- Conjunctivitis (red eyes)
- Muscle pain
- Pain behind the eyes
But since our concern is with how to treat zika rash, I think its time we digress and focus our attention on how to do just that.
But unfortunately even that prospect is tied to the zika virus itself which at the moment has no cure.
But the good news is that the rash normally goes off by itself. So all you have to do is wait it out.
Concerning the zika virus itself. It is advised that you get.
- Enough Rest.
- Take enough fluids to prevent dehydration.
- Take acetaminophen relieve pain and fever.
There are other facts you should carry with you when it comes to Zika virus and its rash.
- The virus is transmitted by mosquitoes as well as sexual intercouse.
- You can prevent yourself from the virus by killing mosquitoes in your vicinity.
- Zika virus cases typically occur in tropical climates.
- Symptoms of Zika virus infection can last for up to 1 week.
Affected regions include:
- Central and South America
- North America
I hope this post on how to treat zika rash was helpful?