Malaria in Nigeria Statistics
With this one we shall be talking about malaria in nigeria statistics and i hope you get the information that brought you here.
- Statistics from National Malaria Elimination Programme(NMEP) shows that Nigeria accounts for 29 per cent of the global burden of malaria and has the highest number of cases of any country, highlighting the need to focus on treatment as well as prevention.
- In Nigeria, malaria is responsible for the deaths of an estimated 300,000 children per year and contributes to over 4,000 maternal deaths annually.
- Nigeria is a major exporter of malaria to other countries -45 percent of reported malaria cases in London between 2000 and 2012 occurred due to travel from Nigeria, hence the requirement of most major international airlines to spray planes with insecticide before departure from Nigeria .
When going through these malaria in Nigerian statistics, its quite a disturber when one realizes that the country has all it takes to put an end to the menace but is doing little.
- Nigeria has more reported cases of malaria and deaths due to malaria than any other country in the world.
- In Nigeria, Malaria is responsible for 60% outpatient visits to health facilities, 30% childhood death, 25% of death in children under one year and 11% maternal death.
- Between 2010 and 2015, malaria interventions through the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) resulted in a 36 percent reduction in malaria parasites found in the blood of children under age five, per the Malaria Indicator Survey.
It seems Nigeria is not only home to corruption but also malria.
Hope this Malaria In Nigeria statistics was valuable enough?